I hope you all had a relaxing extra long weekend.
Me? Well, I had a wonderful surprise! My little sister, Cassie came to visit me. Originally we are all from California, but as of the past few years we have spread to inhabit Oregon and Washington as well. Needless to say, because my family is now spread across 3 states, we don’t get to see each other nearly enough.
Although my husband had to work all weekend (sad), Cassie and I had a good ol’ time! We stopped by the shop to drop of more inventory, took a trip to the craft store, made homemade pizza (dough from scratch and everything), stayed up late watching movies and eating M&M’s, went on a hunt for a good notebook and the morning before she left we made BROWNIES!
– 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
– 1 stick unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
– 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2/3 cup flour
…AND AWAY WE GO…
1. CHOCOLATE PREP: Roughly chop unsweetened chocolate. In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple unmelted bits remain, then remove from heat and stir until smooth and fully melted.
2. COMBINE: Whisk in sugar, eggs (one at a time), vanilla and salt, then stir in flour with a flexible spatula.
3. POUR: Line and butter an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment or fiol, then pour batter into the pan and spread until even.
…and, of course, you have to lick the spoon!
4. BAKE: @ 350* for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free, then let cool.
OR MAYBE THIS: Melt a little more chocolate and butter then spread it over the top of the brownies after you pull them out of the oven. DOUBLE CHOCOLATE!