So Simple. So delicious.
So perfect for your holiday guests to snack on while waiting for the big meal!
– 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
– 2/3 cup white sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1 pound almonds
– 1 egg white (room temp)
– 1 tbsp water
…AND AWAY WE GO…
1. Pull out one of the RECIPE CARDS that you printed out last week and write all this down 🙂
2. Combine sugars, salt and cinnamon, making sure there’s no clumps and set aside.
3. Beat egg white and water until frothy.
4. Stir in almonds, coating evenly.
5. Sprinkle in the sugar mix (I did it in thirds) and toss until all nuts are coated evenly.
6. Spread sugared coated nuts, in a single layer, on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes at 300*, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from oven and separate as they cool. When completely cooled break up any pieces that stuck together, place in a decorative bowl and set out for your guests to enjoy.
OR MAYBE THIS: Add a generous pinch of cayenne pepper and make this a sweet and spicy snack! Yum!
Do you have a favorite holiday snack to munch on? Let me know in a comment below or on Facebook!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and “Like” Fishtitch on Facebook to find out what’s coming up on the blog, updates and even more tutorials.