I’ve been absolutely in love with banners lately: weddings, birthdays, baby showers!!! Since I don’t have any of those things going on in my life right now, naturally, I need one for halloween!
I might have went a bit overboard with the thought process. I spent a good half of a day (ok, probably more) deciding on what shape flags I wanted, if I would make the letters or buy the letters, searching for textures I liked, how I was going to connect the flags (ribbon, twine, fabric)….and the list goes on. After I felt my research was complete, mentally planned out my vision, and hit the craft store, I got creative and messy.
– 8.5 x 11 cardstock (solid color and Halloween patterns)
– Letters to spell out your message
– Embellishments (stickers, tags, ect.)
– Hole punch
…AND AWAY WE GO…
1. Cut the solid color cardstock in half so that you end up with 5.5 x 8.5 inches rectangles. Mark the canter of the 8.5 in. side then cut from the corner of the paper (point A) to the center mark (point B) and from the center mark (point B) to the other corner (point C). You will end up with a triangle that will be the base of each flag.
2. Repeat step 1 for the halloween patterned paper, but cut your rectangles down to 5 x 8 before you continue to cut the triangle. This will give you a 1/4 in. boarder on your flags.
3. Glue the Halloween patterned triangles onto the solid color triangles.
4. Place letters and then continue to decorate with your embellishments.
5. Punch holes in the top two corners of the flag and lace your ribbon through.
6. Hang where desired and humbly accept all compliments!
I have made an extra banner that says “boo” and I want to give it to YOU! The winner will be announced in next Monday’s blog (October 22, 2012) and the banner will be mailed out as soon as the winner contacts me, so you will have it in time for Halloween!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and “Like” Fishtitch on Facebook to find out what’s coming up on the blog, updates and even more tutorials.